Monday, March 20, 2006

James and Sunshine

I was out on Saturday night, and following a slow start due to struggling with a hangover, I got on it properly and ended up pretty shitfaced. Nice. When I woke up Sunday morning to go and watch the Newcastle-Liverpool match (I always knew Crouchey'd turn out alright in the end, the talentless lanky fuckwit) I walked out of the flat and someone nearby was playing music very loudly with their windows open. They were playing James' Greatest Hits, and I've got to say, it was just perfect. A lovely sunny day, heading to the pub, no hangover evident even with having been in the Purple Turtle until 4am and some great music playing. I walked down the road to the sounds of Say Something, and I felt a bit like an indie John Travolta at the start of Saturday Night Fever.

Then we won 3-1, the Guinness in the pub was spot on and I went home and played James' Greatest Hits.

In bed by ten after listening to Graham Coxon's Happiness In Magazines for most of the evening, and it was as good a Sunday as you could hope to have.

Great stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home